What is BROWSER HIJACKER?
Browser hijacker is a form of malware that gets unknowingly installed in your browser as a browser add-on.
Browser hijacker enters and infects the most used browser and it brings in unwanted changes to the settings with the purpose of violently advertising unwanted product and services.
After hijacking your browser, it changes your browser’s homepage and makes it very difficult to reset.
It also collects data of your browsing activities to display related advertising banners and sponsored links.
In unintentionally you click on these insecure links it will redirect you to web pages associated with Browser hijacker that attempt to collect your personal information, or entice you to buy unwanted products or services (usually scams).
Additionally if the victim clicks these malicious links could also trigger the downloading and installing of more types of Free Anti malware Tool on your computer.
Browser hijacker, as a type of malware works on your browser without your consent. They get added to your browser as browser add-ons, plugins, or extensions.
They also attack your browser when you click on links of malicious websites distributing the program, or when you download other free software where it is bundled in the software’s installer.
There are many other advance types of browser hijackers that mechanically install by exploiting your browser’s security holes without any actions on your behalf.
Once it infects your browser, browser hijacker starts monitoring and controlling your browser behavior.
It will alter your browser settings in unwanted ways, such as changing your default homepage and search engine.
It nasty nature tries to modify the privacy settings of your browser to make your browser more vulnerable to other types of malware, specifically other browser hijackers, adware, and toolbars.
Read also Browser Hijacker removal tool Windows 10
The main key sources of BROWSER HIJACKER infection include:
How did BROWSER HIJACKER get on my Computer?
- Installs and gets downloaded / bundled with third-party browser add-ons and extensions
- Installs and gets downloaded / bundled with desktop applications that you install from unknown sources
- The hijacker get the programs downloaded through torrent files, peer-to-peer (P2P) programs, and file sharing websites
- From the extensive use of YouTube or other video downloaders
- External Paraphilias storage media, such as a pen drive, DVD, and memory card already infected with BROWSER HIJACKER
- Links shared through social media sites
- Fake programs claiming to clean your computer from malware
Symptoms of BROWSER HIJACKER Infection
The primary symptoms of BROWSER HIJACKER infection are:
- Your default browser home page changes and difficult to reset
- Your default search engine is changed (e.g. Google to something unknown)
- Brings up ads pop-ups which offer discounts when browsing e-commerce sites on the web
- Due to its malicious ways it slow browsing experience or stops responding completely New search toolbars in your browser
- Due to it malicious nature this hijacker opens multiple browser tabs opening unexpectedly when visiting a website
- You are redirected to unrelated websites when clicking hyperlinks
- Webpages unexpectedly getting added as bookmarks or favorites to your browser
- BROWSER HIJACKER ads get sent from your email account to the contacts in your address book.
Step-by-step instructions to remove browser hijacker
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc simultaneously. This will get you the Windows Task Manager.
- Here, make sure that you are looking into the application tab and now search for “Instant News Now”. If present, then select it and click on End Task.
- Now you can close the Task Manager.
- Now, we need to open Control Panel from the start menu or by holding Windows key + R key at the same time.
- This would bring up the “RUN” box now in this box you need to type control and hit ok.
- Here, in the Control Panel click on Add/Remove program.
- This will show the list of all the installed programs.
- Look for the programs you find suspicious or don’t recognize and uninstall them.
Suggestions and Solution
If you suspicious that your browser has been hijacked, shut it down instantaneously.
Install our Free anti malware software and do a full system scan with your antivirus software, which should be able to remove the hijacker software.
After scan is done and the hijacker is completely removed, perform a reinstall of your browser software so to erase any changes that the hijacker has made.
If reading terms and condition is time consuming , then install the freeware opt for “custom and automatic installation,” it is always recommended that you go with this option as this would close the other programs that might get installed along with it .
So to secure all these issue use the best anti-adware ITL.